Loading ...

Feedback Needed! UTS10BI & eu2000i | Universal Transfer Switch

Home » Spaces » Universal Transfer Switch » discussion » General » Feedback Needed! UTS10BI & eu2000i

Feedback Needed! UTS10BI & eu2000i

Discussion in Universal Transfer Switch started by J , 7/26/2012 7:22 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Feedback Needed! UTS10BI & eu2000i

Subscribe to RSS
  • Sifter

Has anyone actually installed this combination and have it working???

• rhunter81005

You CAN use an EU2000 with the UTS10BI.  While it's true that the UTS10 wants 240V on the utility side, and it will not power up with a split 120V  from the EU2000 on backup 1 (generator input), it WILL run with a UPS connected to backup 2.  You must use a UPS for this to work.  If the power goes out, UPS keeps the electronics in the UTS hot.  I took a single phase 120V source, doubled the hot legs into the backup 1 input and the "generator" input was recognized.  Now, that being said if you do this, you best not try to power anything on the 240V circuit.  I decided on this UTS because it had 8 120V circuits available while the UTS6H only has 6.  I have no 240V devices in my house, so this works great for me.  In theory you can use circuits 9 and 10 as 120V as well if you want but only if the "generator" is running, not the UPS.  My deal was that I wanted the ability to use a 220V generator later in life, and this was a great solution.

-Ryan

• Sifter

I guess its time to order an eu6500is then. I got my UTS10BI on the cheap, $250, so not going to replace it with a 6 circuit model just to accommodate my eu2000i.

Electrician was here last week and installed the unit. I have an APC Smart-UPS 2200 battery backup configured as backup2, and the outdoor plug is made by Reliance.

• ipicKedawinna

hello,

the EU2000I is only a 120V generator and the UST10BI is 240V so I am thinking it'd have to run from the Backup1 (generator) source..? am I making any sense?

• Sifter

Can you explain a bit more on why backup1 would be used? Would all circuits be available?

• ipicKedawinna

i went back and checked again but i am getting more feedback that this would not even work because the UTS10BI requires 240v to power on and you cannot provide it power from the 120v generator.

• doofoo

I went through this as well as I only have a 120V Inverter generator. I had to use a UTS6H which was a pain to get ahold of.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Choose your language: