Loading ...

Which home theater units are discontinued? | Universal Transfer Switch

Home » Spaces » Universal Transfer Switch » discussion » General » Which home theater units are discontinued?

Which home theater units are discontinued?

Discussion in Universal Transfer Switch started by Jerry , 10/27/2014 11:02 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Which home theater units are discontinued?

Subscribe to RSS
  • losttrail

I need to get some updated power regulating/UPS for our home theater. Looking at some online sources, many units are listed as "Discontinued by manufacturer" or "No long available" or "Unsure of when or if this product will be available".

I don't have a to of money and would like to keep the cost below $400.

Units I'm looking at are:

J35B

H15BLK

I can buy one, but will APC still provide service and support, warranty coverage on these if they are discontinued models?

Thanks. Jerry

• ipicKedawinna

Hi Jerry,

We suggest H15BLK.

Here is the link to the currently available AV product types/lines: http://www.apc.com/products/category.cfm?id=15

We don't recommend you purchase something that is no longer sold/available as we won't necessarily have stock of accessories, etc. Though, if you had happened to, if an issue comes up with the unit and you have a valid proof of purchase, we'd support it best we can (like for technical support - which is free for the life of the product) and if a warranty replacement is required, we'd hopefully have a unit available or worst case, replace it with something comparable but it may not be exactly the same.

• losttrail

Angela N.,

Thanks, that's where I have been looking on APC's site and as you can see, it lists the H10, H15, J10, J15, J25, J35 with NO indication of them being discontinued. However, various vendors do list as being "Discontinued by manufacturer" or some similar message.

Thus the confusion, since APC's site, that you referenced, makes NO notice as to any of these models being discontinued.

I am leaning towards the J15 since it provides LAN (RJ-45) ports in addition to phone (RJ-11).

See the confusion?

• losttrail

Just ordered the J15BLK. Had to do it.

• ipicKedawinna

Well as far as I can tell, that is still a current SKU we offer and has not been moved to phase out or anything. We also have plenty of stock now and expected to come in.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Choose your language: