Loading ...

Can I use a a Back UPS RS 1500 just for it's power conditioner / AVR without any batteries? | Universal Transfer Switch

Home » Spaces » Universal Transfer Switch » discussion » General » Can I use a a Back UPS RS 1500 just for it's power conditioner / AVR without any batteries?

Can I use a a Back UPS RS 1500 just for it's power conditioner / AVR without any batteries?

Discussion in Universal Transfer Switch started by insoc , 5/17/2014 3:13 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Can I use a a Back UPS RS 1500 just for it's power conditioner / AVR without any batteries?

Subscribe to RSS
  • insoc

The batteries of my RS 1500 UPS died after 4 years. I replaced my UPS with a Pro 1500 and do not intend to buy expensive batteries to replace the old RS 1500 ones. I love UPS like the RS 1500 for it's power conditioner / AVR features so my question is if I can still use the RS 1500 as that without installing any new batteries and removing the old ones. If so, any way to stop all the alerts from sounding? Thanks a lot!

• ipicKedawinna

I think you can do this but the UPS may periodically turn off when there is a power event - where it'd normally transfer to battery and back online. Without the battery, the UPS will require you to manually turn it back on afterwards. I also don't know of a way (without opening the unit and modifying it at your own risk) to disable the "battery disconnect" chirp that you'll see along with a flashing replace battery LED.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: