Loading ...

APC UTS10BI + HONDA EM4500SX + APC Smart-UPS 3000 RM X whit 240 Volt IN/OUT question | Universal Transfer Switch

Home » Spaces » Universal Transfer Switch » discussion » General » APC UTS10BI + HONDA EM4500SX + APC Smart-UPS 3000 RM X whit 240 Volt IN/OUT question

APC UTS10BI + HONDA EM4500SX + APC Smart-UPS 3000 RM X whit 240 Volt IN/OUT question

Discussion in Universal Transfer Switch started by Mauro , 2/6/2015 12:49 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

APC UTS10BI + HONDA EM4500SX + APC Smart-UPS 3000 RM X whit 240 Volt IN/OUT question

Subscribe to RSS
  • mmichieletti

Hello,
    I recently purchased a new UTS10BI for work with a Honda EM4500SX generator whit remote control kit.
    Sorry for my bad english :-(
    I have a very good UPS model Smart-UPS 3000 RM X 240 Volt model.
    I need that when power outages from watt hour meter for a long time the universal transfer switch automatically turns on the generator and do not download all the batteries of the UPS.
    I have connect the wire 9 IN and 10 IN to my 240 Volt in watt hour meter but the UTS10BI not power on,only i hear a relay close,no leds and no disply switch on.
    To be able to turn and see the operating uts I have purchased a 240 volt transformer primary 240 Volt and secondary 120 Volts 300 VA and I plugged the cable into the UPS Inlet.
    Please can you help me, I spent a lot of money, time and no one knows how to help me to connect these devices.
    I already called two professionals but they do not know the UTS10BI.

Many thanks!

Mauro

• ipicKedawinna

Hi Mauro, 

Your profile indicates you are in Italy - is that still accurate? UTS10BI is designed for North America use with 2 phases @ 240V (so H-H-G) and 60Hz. If you're still in Italy feeding this one single leg of 230V or 240V @ 50Hz which is what we'd expect in Europe, it won't work. In North America, this needs to be installed by a licensed electrician and they should know what to check for the input power connection.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: