Loading ...

Bbattary conections | General Questions & Suggestions

Home » Spaces » General Questions & Suggestions » discussion » General » Bbattary conections

Bbattary conections

Discussion in General Questions & Suggestions started by nadav , 12/11/2020 11:00 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Bbattary conections

Subscribe to RSS
  • Is it allowed to connect two or three UPS's to one larger battery?
  • On 11/12/2020 7:00 PM, nadav said:

Is it allowed to connect two or three UPS's to one larger battery?

Unless they are specifically designed to co-exist then no, that's not a good idea.

At a minimum you'll have issues with the chargers and runtime estimation.

• Thanks,
    But want to specifically understand the state of the charge, assuming I connect three Upss to one battery (let’s say the battery fits}, in the state of the charge, electrically, can be  damage to the Upss?
  • On 12/12/2020 2:01 AM, nadav said:

can be damage to the Upss?

Maybe / maybe not. If the UPSs charging circuits are are not earth referenced then all bets are off.

This is one of those questions where if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't be thinking about doing it.

• I was glad to hear your answer, for several years I have been trying to get an answer to this option and I understand there are very few who understand in this field. I'm not an electrician but logic prevented me from doing so. But I wanted to make sure I did not miss a solution for the four-computer group in my office. I hold four Upss, and it happens that they are required to perform their function they fail because the battery performance has fallen. It would be good if APC put in a monthly automated test to check the battery status. Because the quality of new batteries is not the same and they fail at different times.
    Thanks for the discussion
  • Can you advise on two options for the four-computer group:
     Is it worth one for all four or better one for each?
    And if so for the maximum parameters (measured at start time)
    150 watts / 0.75 amps
    275 watts / 1.2 amps
    118 watts / 0.8 amps
    118 watts / 0.8 amps
  • I'd rather use one larger UPS and reticulate the output to the PC's.

At home I have a separate UPS circuit reticulated to 3 rooms from an old SU2200. In the office I have a single SUA3000 running 5 machines. Less batteries to maintain and a better quality UPS.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Choose your language: