Loading ...

Power off UPS after graceful server shutdown | General Questions & Suggestions

Home » Spaces » General Questions & Suggestions » discussion » General » Power off UPS after graceful server shutdown

Power off UPS after graceful server shutdown

Discussion in General Questions & Suggestions started by Steve , 16 days ago
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Power off UPS after graceful server shutdown

Subscribe to RSS
  • sshapiro-hstpc

I inherited a server rack (5 chassis) with a Smart 3000 UPS:

Model: Smart-UPS 3000 RM
    Serial Number: OS1006160019
    Firmware Revision: 666.6.D
    Manufacture Date: 11/19/09

The servers are running:

PowerChute Network Shutdown Version: 4.3.0

Build Number: 7951
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard (10.0.17763 N/A Build 17763)
    Java Version: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (11.0.1+13)
    One server is configured to do an emergency backup prior to shutting down and then do a UPS Shutdown (Shutdown Settings --> UPS Shutdown --> Turn Off the UPS / no command to run --> Duration left at 30 seconds.

I've tested and the UPS power down is not working. There are several configuration settings in the NMC of the UPS, but the language is proprietary and the terms are not defined (ergo, I can't figure it out) and I can't find any documentation describing this scenario.

Question: How do I configure the UPS to power down after the servers are shut down?

thank you

• wpasquil

Hi,

Did the UPS/NMC record it received the shutdown command from PCNS? Also, how many PCNS clients are registered with the NMC? With older version of the NMC it would wait for all PCNS client to signal they were powering off prior to shutting the UPS down. 

The process should be

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: