Loading ...

How do I determine if it is safe to run a self-test? | General Questions & Suggestions

Home » Spaces » General Questions & Suggestions » discussion » General » How do I determine if it is safe to run a self-test?

How do I determine if it is safe to run a self-test?

Discussion in General Questions & Suggestions started by Aidan , 10/28/2019 6:40 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

How do I determine if it is safe to run a self-test?

Subscribe to RSS
  • amaher

Hi,

I have several new UPSs (Smart-UPS 750) returning "NA" for the self test result.

The batteries are connected to network switches and servers that we should do our best not to interrupt.

How do I determine if the UPSs are safe to test so that they will not cause hardware to power off?

https://forums.apc.com/spaces/5/smart-ups-symmetra-lx-rm/forums/general/3675/self-test-possible-issue

Aidan

• s.v.s

Hi Aidan,

Are you seeing the "NA" results for self-tests on the UPS LCD display, or on the network management card web interface? If this result is showing on the NMC web interface, then it would be worth checking the UPS LCD Status menu for the result of the last self test. Initiating a self-test either from the management interface or the UPS LCD display would check for conditions such as battery capacity and state of charge so should be refused if battery condition is not appropriate.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: