Loading ...
Home » Spaces » General Questions & Suggestions » discussion » General » Trade-UPS Program

Trade-UPS Program

Discussion in General Questions & Suggestions started by Shane , 5/15/2016 6:25 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • Shane
    Shane
    Novice Novice
    Shane 5/15/2016 6:25 AM

Greetings,

I'm having difficulty understanding the Trade-UPS program. I'm thinking about buying the Back-UPS 650. What must I do to get the full 25% discount?

Thanks,
    Shane.

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 5/17/2016 12:39 PM (in response to Shane)

Shane,

As the name of the program implies you trade in a UPS (does not have to be APC branded) and you will receive a discount up to 25% off of the price of a new single phase UPS. After purchasing through the program APC send you the new UPS along with a return shipping label that you use to send the old UPS to a recycling center. If you open the Trade-UPS link you provided you should click on the More about the program link and the rules link for more information. 

• Shane
    Shane
    Novice Novice
    Shane 5/19/2016 9:54 AM (in response to Bill)

When I enter my broken UPS (BE450G-CN), the price of the BE650G1-CN drops from $109.99 to $91, a savings of 18%. What do I have to do to qualify for the full 25% discount? I have three other broken UPSs that I can return.

Thanks,
    Shane.

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 5/19/2016 12:26 PM (in response to Shane)

Shane,

The discount is based on the unit purchased and the unit traded in.

• reaengineering
    Roger
    New Member New Member
    Roger 11 days ago (in response to Shane)

Shane and all who read. The trade-ups program isn't going to help save you much money. It seems the program gives you a discount on list price rather than retail price. Every time I have tried trade-up, even with the 25% discount, I can find the same UPS for (much) less elsewhere. The good part of the Trade-Ups program is that the old UPS will be recycled correctly.

• Shane
    Shane
    Novice Novice
    Shane 10 days ago (in response to Roger)

When I was trying to figure out the Trade-UPS program I had four broken UPS machines. I was hoping that there would be some benefit to recycling them all, and maybe save some money. But even with four broken APC units, it was still cheaper to buy one locally on sale.

Shane.

• Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Choose your language: