Loading ...

| General Questions & Suggestions

Home » Spaces » General Questions & Suggestions » discussion » General » Centralized Monitoring

Centralized Monitoring

Discussion in General Questions & Suggestions started by Attila , 9/30/2015 5:53 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Centralized Monitoring

Subscribe to RSS
  • Hello,

We are a small company and can’t afford the expensive StruxureWare software. We have all sorts of APC equipment like ATSs, UPSs, PUDs and Netbotz. We have alerts and thresholds setup to alerts us of issues.
    We need a centralized system where we can see the status of all these devices I was wondering if Zabbix or Nagios or something else will work and which one you advise to implement.

Thank you for y our time.

• A lot of customers seem to use Nagios or another good one to check into will be What's Up Gold. Oh and SolarWinds but I am not sure if that is cheap. Any SNMP monitoring tool would be something to research (and you can get the APC and NetBotz MIBs to load) and some deciding factors may be:

• Your company's view on open source software as far as required support/in house expertise/security
    • Types of notifications supported
    • If you have requirements on detailed notifications or if you want something like notification policy
    • Supported amount of monitored devices by each solution/software
    • If it is web or application based

With those solutions I mentioned, I think they are all a little different..

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: