Loading ...

Power Cute Personal Ed. Version 3.0.2 Ridiculous, unsecure, upgrade procedure in this day and age! | Other Products, Topics, & Discussions

Home » Spaces » Other Products, Topics, & Discussions » discussion » General » Power Cute Personal Ed. Version 3.0.2 Ridiculous, unsecure upgrade procedure in this day and age!

Power Cute Personal Ed. Version 3.0.2 Ridiculous, unsecure upgrade procedure in this day and age!

Discussion in Other Products, Topics, & Discussions started by Ronald , 6/13/2020 7:20 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Power Cute Personal Ed. Version 3.0.2 Ridiculous, unsecure upgrade procedure in this day and age!

Subscribe to RSS
  • I own a APC, UPS and I run Power Chute, Personal Edition, version 3.0.2

I am very involved with technical matters and I just cannot believe the way that Schneider's, app developers have designed the update procedure for this UPS. Talk about stupid. This tops them all.

I open Power Chute, I click "Options" and then I click on "Check for Updates" Follow below.

I click on "Yes"

Now I am prompted with this "annoying and idiotic" message that says "How do you want to open this application?" No save feature or anything. Everytime, I think I have seen dumb people who design applications, I happen to run into someone who is dumber.

What file extension is the stupid update?  How are people supposed to make an intelligent and wise decision with a cryptic message like that ?????????

Whoever designed this update procedure did not think it out. So now, instead of receiving the update, I have decided not to update because APC.COM or Schneider wants to download "who knows what" on my personal computer.

How do I know that the message won't redirect me to some website where I will install "Malware" on my system.

If anyone knows of a better method to update. A method where I can download first, and then scan the program with anti-virus software, please let me know.

• Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. You can download PowerChute Personal Edition from APC.com. Here is a link 

https://www.apc.com/shop/dm/en/categories/power/uninterruptible-power-supply-ups-/ups-management/powerchute-personal-edition/N-1b6nbpp

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: