Loading ...

APC UPS SRT10KXLI Battery Not Charging. Alarm is "Utility Power Outage Run Time 24 h 00 m" | Other Products, Topics, & Discussions

Home » Spaces » Other Products, Topics, & Discussions » discussion » General » APC UPS SRT10KXLI Battery Not Charging. Alarm is "Utility Power Outage Run Time 24 h 00 m"

APC UPS SRT10KXLI Battery Not Charging. Alarm is "Utility Power Outage Run Time 24 h 00 m"

Discussion in Other Products, Topics, & Discussions started by Victor , 3/4/2019 6:48 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

APC UPS SRT10KXLI Battery Not Charging. Alarm is "Utility Power Outage Run Time 24 h 00 m"

Subscribe to RSS
  • All batteries were replaced with new, but its still not charging. In the display it was showing "Utility Power Outage Run Time 24 h 00 m". Three phase supply was checked and all phase voltage are ok (all 400 VAC). Measured voltage from breaker and power supply terminals of UPS are (all 400 VAC).

Attachments
  • Did anybody have an idea what is the problem? Or maybe card not sensing the supply voltage.

• Hi Victor,

If the UPS is not picking up the input voltage it may be that either the input wiring or the bypass and phase jumpers need to be reviewed. With a 3 phase input, depending if you have a separate (secondary) feed for your bypass or not - see pg. 17 of the user manual for more details:

1. 3Ph single feed: leave bypass jumper in place, remove phase jumper

2. 3Ph dual feed: remove both bypass and phase jumpers

Any chance you can include a photo showing the input wiring tray as well as the jumper configuration?

• Thanks for the reply. 3 Phase Supply are ok. Connections are also ok. Please see attached picture.

Attachments
  • This discussion is marked as answered

Hi Victor,

I can see 4 wires (3Ph + N) in your wiring terminal - ground seems to be missing. I recommend wiring / connecting the ground too, as this UPS requires either a 3 wire 1Ph+N+G or 5 wire 3Ph+N+G wiring.

I also recommend sizing the neutral wire gauge appropriately, it is significantly smaller gauge than the phase wires. 

• Hi Szabi,

Thank you very much. Now the UPS is functional. We forgot to include the neutral.

Best Regards,

Victor

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Choose your language: