Loading ...

SMT1500 using Solarwinds snmp getting UPS is over 80% load errors but data does not back that up | Other Environmental Monitoring Products & Questions

Home » Spaces » Other Environmental Monitoring Products & Questions » discussion » General » SMT1500 using Solarwinds snmp getting UPS is over 80% load errors but data does not back that up

SMT1500 using Solarwinds snmp getting UPS is over 80% load errors but data does not back that up

Discussion in Other Environmental Monitoring Products & Questions started by lance , 4/30/2020 4:10 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

SMT1500 using Solarwinds snmp getting UPS is over 80% load errors but data does not back that up

Subscribe to RSS
  • lancebrauch

We have a dozen or so SMT1500 that report in Solarwinds SNMP, and have issues with only one UPS. SMT1500 with NMC updated to newest firmware, UPS firmware 08.8. 

About every week or so, for an hour or two we get "UPS is over 80% load at (date, time)", one minute later it clears with a message it is back under. I have changed the logs in the UPS to record power data every one minute. We are consistantly running 7.5-8.5% W out. 

I worked with APC to update the NIC software, a few days later still doing it. The unit manufacture lists as 2014, but we just installed this unit less than a year ago, all self tests pass.

Anyone else encounter this? It is odd the rest of the same model UPS do not do this.

• APC_Gavan

Hi Lance,

Are you sure that this is not caused by the load attached to the UPS?

If you have several SMT1500s would you be able to swap this unit with a different one and see if the problem follows the UPS or stay with the load.

-Gavan

• lancebrauch

Gavan, yes I have had staff in the TR when it spikes, and there is no load change. We also use Solarwinds monitoring with SNMP. Actually the reporting I am getting is from solarwinds so I was assuming this was more of a SNMP issue. We record power statistics every 15 seconds which is as small as we can get. There is never any variation in input power, output power, load, current, etc. We have other UPS with the same model and firmware not sending errors. It is odd after updating the firmware for the NIC card it reported two errors, and has not since, about 3 months, whereas it did it every three weeks or less before. Self tests pass with flying colors, and the small load never really changes more than 10%, and we are running less than 20% loaded. I will keep updating this issue for future documentation with other customers.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: