Loading ...

Powershute Appliance Vmware Plugin | Getting Started

Home » Spaces » Getting Started » discussion » General » Powershute Appliance Vmware Plugin

Powershute Appliance Vmware Plugin

Discussion in Getting Started started by Oliver , 4/8/2020 11:49 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Powershute Appliance Vmware Plugin

Subscribe to RSS
  • knippinski

Hallo,

we have deployed the Appliance 4.3 on our esxi vsphere host 6.7 u3. We want to use the Powerchute Plug-in. 

Every time we log-in to our vshere web client the installation failed from the Plugin. 

-----------------------------------------

Fehler beim Herunterladen des Plug-Ins. Vergewissern Sie sich, dass die URL erreichbar und der registrierte Fingerabdruck korrekt ist. java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host (Host unreachable) java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

--------------------------------------------

see also attached file.

Attachments
  • wpasquil

Hi,

No route to host indicates a connection error between the PowerChute VM and vCenter. If you attach the debug.log and error.log file that is in /opt/APC/PowerChute/group1 I will review them to see if they have any more info.

• knippinski

Hi,

unfortunatelyi don´t know how to get to thes log´s. Can i reache them from the UI interface or should i use SSH?

thanks in advance.

• wpasquil

Hi,

You should use a ftp program and log into the PowerChute VM as root.  I use winscp or filezilla but there are other ftp programs that can be used. Once logged in, navigate to /opt/APC/PowerChute/group1. There you will find the files. Download the files to your PC and attach them to this post for review. 

• knippinski

Hi Bill,

sorry for my delayed answer. Here are the two Lock Files.

Attachments
  • wpasquil

Hi,

The debug logs show that the plugin has been disabled.

2020-04-20T11:06:06,023 DEBUG qtp824970212-56 com.apcc.m11.components.WebServer.util.virtualization.VMware.VMWareUtils - isPluginEnabled() - start
    2020-04-20T11:06:06,026 DEBUG qtp824970212-56 com.apcc.m11.components.WebServer.util.virtualization.VMware.VMWareUtils - isPluginEnabled() - end, result: false
    2020-04-20T11:06:06,026 DEBUG qtp824970212-56 com.apcc.m11.components.WebServer.util.virtualization.VMware.VMWareUtils - isWebClientPluginEnabled() - end, result: false

Look in the pcnsconfig.ini file to verify that the plugin has been enabled and set to web. the pcnsconfig.ini file will be found in /opt/APC/PowerChute/group1

Example:

[HostConfigSettings]
    enable_plugin = true
    plugin_type = web

NOTE: The plugin is not available when logged into vCenter using the vSphere HTML 5 web client. You must log into the web client using the older Flash based web client for the plugin to be available. 

• knippinski

Hi,

we are Using the HTML5 web client. When will the Plugin be avaiable for the HTML5 client?

• wpasquil

Hi,

We may release a plugin with a future version. For now, add the PCNS client as a bookmark and for ease of access add to the bookmark bar. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Choose your language: