Loading ...

PCPE 3.1.0 for Windows 10, 64 bit, fails to Check for Updates | Getting Started

Home » Spaces » Getting Started » discussion » General » PCPE 3.1.0 for Windows 10, 64 bit, fails to Check for Updates

PCPE 3.1.0 for Windows 10, 64 bit, fails to Check for Updates

Discussion in Getting Started started by HARLON , 8/17/2019 3:03 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

PCPE 3.1.0 for Windows 10, 64 bit, fails to Check for Updates

Subscribe to RSS
  • Mr.Clean

This is a copy of a problem report that I recently sent to APC.  They have twice reported that they have fixed the problem, but it remains, even though I reinstalled the program.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Subject: Problems with PCPE version 3.1.0
    Question: I installed PCPE 3.1.0 & found that it cannot access the Internet when Check for Updates is selected. My old PCPE version was able to do so, since that is how I found out about the Update/Upgrade to 3.1.0. Here is a rundown of what works or not in 3.1.0:
    1.  Registration can access the Internet.
    2.  Extended Warranty & Support Services can access the Internet.
    3.  Contact APC can access the Internet.
    4.  Battery replacement & upgrade selector can access the Internet.
    5.  Check for Updates, from either access screen, FAILS to access the Internet, with this message:  "Could not check for updates.  Please check your Internet connection & try again."

I have this same status on two PCs which have been upgraded to 3.1.0. These PCs are different brands and the Back UPS' are different models.

(As I type this ticket, I am receiving a little window that says, "chars are allowed!". What on earth does that mean?

Why didn't you provide a link in your download instructions for the user to find the well hidden KBase FA379541?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• wpasquil

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware of the issue and our engineering team is working on it. In the mean time if there where to be an available upgrade I will post a banner to the home page of the forum and reply to this post. 

• Mr.Clean

Bill,

Thanks for your response!  I appreciate your feedback.  However, I am very disappointed with the resistance and incorrect responses that I have received on my problem report!  I had always thought that APC was a more professional organization than to send out such irresponsible responses!

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: