Loading ...

difference between smartups cloud and powerchute | Getting Started

Home » Spaces » Getting Started » discussion » General » difference between smartups cloud and powerchute

difference between smartups cloud and powerchute

Discussion in Getting Started started by Michwlw , 7/5/2019 5:30 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

difference between smartups cloud and powerchute

Subscribe to RSS
  • micky183

Hi guys, can anyone tell me what is the difference from buying ups with smartconnect cloud network card or an UPS with Network Management Card with PowerChute Network Shutdown?

Smartconnect cloud have the same functionality compared  to powerchute  and safety poweroff my vmware esxi server in case of low battery?

• wpasquil

Hello,

On 7/5/2019 1:30 AM, Michwlw said:

Hi guys, can anyone tell me what is the difference from buying ups with smartconnect cloud network card or an UPS with Network Management Card with PowerChute Network Shutdown?

The SmartConnect card allow you to monitor the UPS on the APC web cloud portal.  You can see the current state of the UPS and historical data. You can also configure the cloud to email based on UPS events.

The network management card allow you to monitor the UPS on you local network through the cards web interface and allow you to manage the UPS. You can see the current state of the UPS and historical data. You can also configure email based on UPS events. Along with that you can also change the UPS settings e.g. turn on or off outlet groups, adjust thresholds, etc. 

On 7/5/2019 1:30 AM, Michwlw said:

Smartconnect cloud have the same functionality compared  to powerchute  and safety poweroff my vmware esxi server in case of low battery?

No. SmartConnect is for monitoring only. For safe shutdown you would need the network management card and PCNS. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: