Loading ...

how to check and to know you bought a bad battery | Getting Started

Home » Spaces » Getting Started » discussion » General » how to check and to know you bought a bad battery
Getting Started

Leave Space :

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this space:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

how to check and to know you bought a bad battery

Subscribe to RSS
  • jmnzaljon

hi guys,

i just want to know what tools to use and how to use them when checking for a bad ups battery.

thank you in advance!

• MattK

Hi

There are many things that can indicate a battery is bad

One of the simplest things you can do with a multimeter set to VDC is measure the voltage across the terminals, if for instance the battery is a 12v battery if it was below ~9.6v it would be considered bad. 

A battery might show a good voltage when it isn't connected in circuit so it is worth also measuring when it is connected as well.

It is also worth doing a run time test as even if all the above is ok you might find that you get a short run time when the battery is actually in use.

Regards

Matt

• jmnzaljon

thanks for the tips matt. and oh i have a 12v battery and measured it using a digital meter the result is 12.47V based on your answer its a good battery, but when i installed it in my ups it gives out a constant tone along with the on line led and replace battery led alternating.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: