Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Getting Started » discussion » General » UPS APC Back-UPS ES, 700VA/405W - The battery very low after buy it ?

UPS APC Back-UPS ES, 700VA/405W - The battery very low after buy it ?

Discussion in Getting Started started by Suzana , 12/14/2018 7:31 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • me_suzy
    Suzana
    New Member New Member
    Suzana 12/14/2018 7:31 PM

Good evening, I buy yesterday a new PS APC Back-UPS ES, 700VA/405W. So, I made the first tests at today. It's a problem, after not even 1 minute after the current is interrupted.

So, I put the laptop, monitor and modem in the battery backup outlets. Then I put a simple hair dryer, which I lit up on the test. After 1 second after I started my hair dryer everything stopped, the monitor, and the laptop, all. So, If I put a little dry dryer, everything goes out instantly? I just did not put a refrigerator or a washing machine. 

The error occurred. https://snag.gy/r7N4Gd.jpgOkay,

I put everything back into the socket. Now I'm just testing my laptop, monitor, and modem, which I think does not consume who knows what. Software shows me that I have another 14 minutes battery.

his message appeared to me https://snag.gy/CVjTo8.jpg

My problem is the next. Did I made anything wrong with the settings? I was thinking this APC will least an hour (on the internet says it was up to 4 hours on battery). please tell me if I have to do something at settings.

• TomC
    Thomas
    =S= Representative
    Thomas 12/17/2018 8:51 AM (in response to Suzana)

Hi Suzana,

Could you please tell me the wattage of the laptop, monitor and modem? Could you please also tell me wattage of the hair dryer?

If you are unable to tell me this, can you please tell me the model of each so I can check.

Thank you,

Tom

• heymargaux
    Margaux
    Novice Novice
    Margaux 28 days ago (in response to Suzana)

I feel like the product itself is defective, have you tried to seek help from the customer support? 

I once had a problem with dog shock collars that I bought online. I have talked to their csr and it has been replaced. 

• Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: