I purchased a APC Home-UPS 850 VA (BI850SINE) and a battery(not APC, but very good brand-EXIDE) on 22 June 2018. The Home-UPS is giving 230 Volts while on mains. But, when on battery, it is giving only 210 Volts. This is causing my tube lights and fans to dim and slow down respectively.
The nominal voltage in India is 230 Volts and the maximum tolerance is ±5%, which means that the output voltage from the UPS should be in between 220 V and 240 V. What can I do about it ?
Also, after a week passed, it starting charging the battery (12 V, 150 AH) again and again, for short durations (every 1 minute). The battery is venting because of this. The battery is new and all the battery selection and charging current switches are correctly selected. What should I do ?
Choose a location