1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 24, 2011 9:52 AM by Rob RSS

sequential flashing lights on SURTD5000

jianlun Member
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
     i have a problem with my APC UPS. its a SURTD5000VA rackmount 3U. symptoms.
1. when i first power up. online light and battery light (60% batt) is on. i am able to power my appliance (low power)
2. when i press and hold the PWR on/Test button, it is able to do a diagnostics no prob.
3. at this load condition (about 200w), according to the serial connection to my laptop, i am able to off the mains and the appliance continue being supplied power.
4. i increase the appliance power (about 1700w), here, 2 load lights lit up. when i off the mains, the lights start lighting up and turning off sequentially from up to down and back up again (i.e. the online and overload lights up together, then offs, then the batt and fault lights up together, then off, then the bypass and replace bat lights up together, then off, then the batt and fault lights up together again, then back up and down. etc etc. ). and the appliance stop being supplied power.
5. at the above load point (1700w), by input voltage to the UPS is 233VAC and 50Hz and output from UPS is 230VAC and 50Hz, as seen on HyperTerm via serial from UPS.

what is the problem? Appreciate your help pls.
  • 1. Re: sequential flashing lights on SURTD5000
    Rob =SE= Employee
    Currently Being Moderated
    If I understand correctly, that LED pattern indicates that the UPS is being put into sleep mode until input power has returned. What is the age of this UPS and what are the first 6 characters of the serial number? Do you have the network management card configured? Are you using this with any other software

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...