5 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2009 10:33 AM by Angela N. RSS

Smart UPS 2200 - No Power

Wizzkidy Member
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, I have an old rack mountable Smart-UPS 2200 the serial numbers on the back are posted below:

S/N - DL2200RMI3U
GD0040008308

The problem I have is the thing won't power up, The battery itself looks brand new but I checked the battery on a meter and it had very little charge (something like 2 - 3V in it)

I thought the UPS would charge the battery but I have left it in the unit plugged in for awhile with no joy. Does this battery need to be charged before the unit will turn on? I have had the UPS open and cannot see anything burnt out, its just I get no power when plugged in.

Is there any way of finding out this UPS works without charge in the battery? I would rather not spend out on a new battery if the UPS turns out to be dead.

Also if the battery is dead, How much will I be looking at for a replacement?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Smart UPS 2200 - No Power
    Angela N. =SE= Employee
    hi

this particular model will not turn on without good DC voltage.

take a look at [this thread|http://www.apc-forums.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6134] for use at your own discretion but i'd recommend trying a new set of batteries to get it to power on.
  • 2. Re: Smart UPS 2200 - No Power
    Wizzkidy Member
    Hi thanks for that.

I managed to get my hands on one charged battery pack, the unit won't power on still though, Does this unit need two battery packs to start up? I ask because inside the unit it has two connectors for two packs, I presume it needs both and not just one pack?

Message was edited by: Wizzkidy
  • 3. Re: Smart UPS 2200 - No Power
    Angela N. =SE= Employee
    i confirmed on this end that it will require both batteries to turn on or else it wont be a complete circuit.
  • 4. Re: Smart UPS 2200 - No Power
    Wizzkidy Member
    Hi again,

I thought I would update my thread, I managed to get another battery and now the UPS works without a problem, It seems a little overkill for my living room though :) I kinda have my Server/Gaming machine monitor cable modem switch and some other small bits on it, it barely has 1 bar of load 0_0

The only issue I have is that it didn't come with a Serial cable to connect the UPS up, Does anyone have a spare one of these lying about? and if so would they mind posting it off :D? if not which cable do I need ? :/

Thanks.
  • 5. Re: Smart UPS 2200 - No Power
    Angela N. =SE= Employee
    you will need [one of these|http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=940-0024] or the 940-1524 15 foot version which you may be able to grab.

i am sure you may be able to find one some place else though

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...