3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2009 11:26 AM by Angela N. RSS

BX1000 flashing overload

Oxides Member
Currently Being Moderated
This morning when i turned my computer on the UPS started flashing the overload light with a constant sound, no other lights on. It even does this if i disconnect everything from its outlets and from the supply line. If i disconnect the battery online is green, replace battery is flashing red and there's a beeping sound. Is there a way to tell if the battery is bad or the unit?
  • 1. Re: BX1000 flashing overload
    Angela N. =SE= Employee
    if you reconnect the battery to the UPS and the overload LED is still flashing with a constant tone with no load attached, it is indicating an internal fault on the UPS itself unfortunately.
  • 2. Re: BX1000 flashing overload
    Oxides Member
    Ok, thanks. Do you think it's worth looking into repair or should i just replace it? The battery is pretty old, 3plus years, even though it passed the last test a week ago.
  • 3. Re: BX1000 flashing overload
    Angela N. =SE= Employee
    yeah, i'd look into the APC Trade UPS program. you can trade in this faulty UPS for a discount towards a new one with a new battery and new three year warranty. APC also pays for shipping back of the old unit/battery for recycling. or if you prefer, buy from where ever you normally do.

i dont think its worth repairing. coastal business machines (www.cbmi.com) is APC's authorized repair center but I am not sure they do repairs on these smaller units.

[info on the trade ups program can be seen here|http://www.apc.com/recycle/index.cfm]

let me know if you need anything else.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...