Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Data Center & Facility 3 Phase UPS » discussion » General » AP7930 Shows ER on LCD

AP7930 Shows ER on LCD

Discussion in Data Center & Facility 3 Phase UPS started by Thomas , 3 days ago
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • tdale
    Thomas
    New Member New Member
    Thomas 3 days ago

Hello,

I apologize if this is the wrong space to post this upfront. I have an AP7930 i bought used and it has worked great for the past few months. I noticed last night the LCD displays ER so i connected via serial cable and it shows everything is unknown and it will not boot up. I've tried to set the IP and names over again and after i logout it says i'm in passthru mode and resets again.

I never had to troubleshoot these pdus before so i don't even know where to start. What can i do aside from unplugging the unit, power cannot be lost.

Thanks,

Tom

• B-DoubleE
    Matt
    =S= Representative
    Matt 3 days ago (in response to Thomas)

Hi Thomas,

"Er" on the front display means one of the internal PDU power supplies has failed - with the symptoms you're describing I would assume the PS that powers the network card. The only real wait to troubleshoot this is to power cycle the PDU for ~10 seconds and see if it boots up again. Unfortunately if that doesn't clear it then the PDU would need to be replaced.

• Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: