Loading ...
Home » Spaces » UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software » discussion » General » Where can I download older versions of Powerchute?

Where can I download older versions of Powerchute?

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by Paul , 10/4/2012 12:06 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • pboughton
    Paul
    New Member New Member
    Paul 10/4/2012 12:06 PM

Good afternoon.

I am trying to install Powerchute onto a Windows Server 2000 machine but can only find the version 9 download link on the APC site, which I believe isn't supported (and won't successfully install).
    Does anyone know where I can source the slightly older (Server 2000 compatible) versions of Powerchute to work with my Smart UPS 1500I?

Thanks in advance.

• ipicKedawinna
    Angela
    =S= Representative
    Angela 10/4/2012 2:34 PM (in response to Paul)

i did some research and the last version that appears to have windows 2000 listed as compatible was v8.0.1. I will private message you with a link to download 8.0.1

for reference, i checked http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/ASTE-6Z5QEV_R19_EN.pdf

Edit for some reason it keeps telling me my private message is being rejected for an unknown reason. i'll email a link to you using your profile email.

• alexcraig
    Alex
    New Member New Member
    Alex 12/27/2012 5:47 PM (in response to Angela)

Season's Greetings all!

Alas, one of my older servers is still running Win2K and I am in need of a copy of powerchute business edition v8.0.1.

Can anyone provide me with a valid link?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Alex Craig

• triniwasp
    chris
    New Member New Member
    chris 12 days ago (in response to Angela)

Would you be able to send me the latest version of Powerchute Business that will run on Windows Server 2000 please?

Thank you!

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 11 days ago (in response to chris)

Chris,

The last version of PCBE we officially support with Win 2000 is PCBE 8.0.1 and that version is only compatible with Smart-UPS SU, SUA and Matrix UPS. What model UPS will you be connecting the Win 2000 system to? 

• triniwasp
    chris
    New Member New Member
    chris 11 days ago (in response to Bill)

Hi Bill,

It's a Back-UPS Pro BX1000. Any hope?

Thanks

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 11 days ago (in response to chris)

Chris,

Back-UPS BX models are not compatible with PowerChute Business Edition. I suggest trying APCUPSD for monitoring software. I have never tested on Windows 2000 but suspect it would work. They offer a bin file so it is fairly straight forward to install.

If the newer release will not work they do also offer older version on their site. 

• Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Choose your language: