Loading ...
Home » Spaces » UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software » discussion » General » INI Utility, upload from different NMC, different order of e-mail address cause problems?

INI Utility, upload from different NMC, different order of e-mail address cause problems?

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by Jeff , 3 days ago
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • JohnsIsland
    Jeff
    Novice Novice
    Jeff 3 days ago

Scenario: Using the INI Utility, latest version, Old Guy (being older, he conserves his energy whenever possible) downloads a INI file from UPS/NMC First Smart Purchase, chops out everything except the EventActionConfig and upload its to UPS/NMC Staying Smart.  

Question: What happens if UPS/NMC First Smart Purchase had e-mail recipients listed as 1. Old Guy, 2. Jane and 3. New Tech , and UPS/NMC Staying Smart had e-mail recipients listed as 1. Jane, 2. New Tech and 3. Old Guy with UPS/NMC First Smart Purchase had critical events going to Jane and New Guy, and Informational events going to Old Guy?  Would Old Guy start receiving the dreaded critical events in the middle of the night, disturbing his much needed sleep (since Old Guy was listed first in UPS/NMC First smart purchase, but listed last in UPS/NMC Staying Smart?

Hope your Friday is a good one!

Jeff

• JohnsIsland
    Jeff
    Novice Novice
    Jeff 3 days ago (in response to Jeff)

I was hoping to hear from someone before I left for the day.  Since I haven't I tested and found out if the scenario above occurs, Old Guy will receive critical events.

You may ask, what's the cure.  I suggest you don't delete and add recipients, edit the recipients.  After trying for a _few_ minutes, I can't predict which order e-mails will be added in the above scenario.  Just edit the names.

• B-DoubleE
    Matt
    =S= Representative
    Matt yesterday (in response to Jeff)

Hi Jeff,

The NMC config file sees the emails recipients behind the scenes as recipient 1, 2, 3, and 4. In your example the configurations would follow the number slot that the email recipients fit in to, so your instincts are correct; Old Guy would be receiving the middle of the night Critical emails

• Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: