Loading ...
Home » Spaces » UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software » discussion » General » Control and Monitor multiple switched rack PDU's and UPSs from single place.

Control and Monitor multiple switched rack PDU's and UPSs from single place.

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by Sunny , 8 days ago
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • onesunnyday
    Sunny
    Novice Novice
    Sunny 8 days ago

Hi,

I posted about this early last year but i think the software is now not available.  I have 5 Smart UPS's all with network managment cards (9630 and 9631) all connected to the network.  I also have about 10 swtiched rack PDUS (7920 and 7921) all connected to the same network. This is in a small home office environment in 1-2 racks.  I also have a server running PRTG.

I would like to control and monitor all the switched PDUs and UPSs from a single convenient place.   What software/ solutions are available to do this?  I do not have an enterprise budget and have a maximum for 15 devices.

Thanks for any help and sorry if this is basic stuff! 

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 8 days ago (in response to Sunny)

Hi,

We offer StruxwareWare Data Center Expert https://www.schneider-electric.com/en/work/solutions/enterprise-solutions/solutions/enterprise-software-suites-data-center-expert/

Another option is to utilize  SNMP on each of the devices and manage/monitor with Network Management System (NMS) such as Solarwinds.

• onesunnyday
    Sunny
    Novice Novice
    Sunny 8 days ago (in response to Bill)

hi bill,

does APC have any software or solutions that doesnt cost over £1000 as this overkill and way over my budget. I only have a maximum of 15 devices to monitor and control.  Even software that may be discontinued now.  The free VM version doesnt allow enough nodes.

• onesunnyday
    Sunny
    Novice Novice
    Sunny 4 days ago (in response to Bill)

Hi,

I have managed to connect the switched rack PDU via SNMP to a PRTG server using the MIB download on the APC website. I can see the PDU and the outlets that are currently On and Off etc.

However, do you know how using PRTG I can switch outlets on and off?

• B-DoubleE
    Matt
    =S= Representative
    Matt 2 days ago (in response to Sunny)

Hi Sunny,

I'm not sure where you would need to navitage to in PRTG (their support should be able to help you out with that), but I can help you find which OID's control the PDU outlets.

The AP7920/7921 use the rPDUOutletControl subtree,  OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.12.3.3

Commanding the outlets uses the rPDUControlOutletCommand section, OID .1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.12.3.3.1.1.4. Each outlet is an instance off that main OID, so for example controlling outlet one would require you to add .1 to the end of the OID, outlet 2 you would add .2, and so on. Would would then need to "set" the OID to a particular value to control the outlets - for example, setting the OID instance 4 to a value of 2 will immediately turn outlet 4 off. Here are the supported values for this particular OID:

Getting this variable will return the outlet state.
         If the outlet is on, the immediateOn (1) value will be returned.
         If the outlet is off, the immediateOff (2) value will be returned.
    Setting this variable to immediateOn (1) will immediately turn the outlet on.
    Setting this variable to immediateOff (2) will immediately turn the outlet off.
    Setting this variable to immediateReboot (3) will immediately reboot the outlet.
    Setting this variable to delayedOn (4) will turn the outlet on after the rPDUOutletConfigPowerOnTime OID time has elapsed.
    Setting this variable to delayedOff (5) will turn the outlet off after the rPDUOutletConfigPowerOffTime OID time has elapsed.
    Setting this variable to delayedReboot  (6) will cause the Switched Rack PDU to perform a delayedOff command, wait the rPDUOutletConfigRebootDuration OID time, and then perform a delayedOn command.
    Setting this variable to cancelPendingCommand (7) will cause any pending command to this outlet to be canceled.
  • Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Choose your language: