Loading ...

No UPS Found

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by Tony , 6 days ago
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • cryptic66
    Tony
    Novice Novice
    Tony 6 days ago

I have  APC Smart-UPS-X 1500VA USB & Serial (APC-SMX1500RM2U-NOB). Insert  UPS Network Management Card 2 (AP9631). 

On web NMC2 i see No UPS Found. In log there event: UPS: The local network management interface-to-UPS communication not established.  I have upgraded the NMC to the latest firmware.  Also upgraded the UPS via USB to the latest firmware as well.

• ipicKedawinna
    Angela
    =S= Representative
    Angela 6 days ago (in response to Tony)

Hi Tony,

I thought we had an FAQ on this but I can't find it right this second. I can tell from your screenshot that the incorrect firmware application is loaded on your AP9631. If you look at the top of your screenshot, you'll see where it says Symmetra 3 phase application. This goes along with the application module name of 'sy3p.' Since you have a Smart-UPS, you need to have the Smart-UPS application loaded and 'sumx' application module.

You can address this with reloading the NMC firmware and the issue will correct itself. Go to this link (http://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/UPS-NMC-v6-5-0-for-Smart-UPS-with-AP9630-31-35-Critical-Review-kbase-FA305661-prior-to-upgrade-/P-SFSUMX650?isCurrentSite=true) and download the file and apply it.

If you need detailed instructions to apply the firmware and available methods, refer to this FAQ and any of the NMC2 options: http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA156047

• cryptic66
    Tony
    Novice Novice
    Tony 6 days ago (in response to Angela)

Thank you soo much.  You're the best.   it does have a Environment error how do I fix this?

Tony

Attachments
  • ipicKedawinna
    Angela
    =S= Representative
    Angela 4 days ago (in response to Tony)

Hi Tony,

You're welcome. Is there a device (temperature sensor, for example) plugged into Universal I/O port 1? Or something that shouldn't be there?

Depending on your answer, you should be able to press reset lost comm alarm option and/or reboot the management interface (can do this via Control->Network->Reset/Reboot too) to clear that error if it is temporary or shouldn't be there but if there is a "problem" then I need to understand further what is actually connected or not connected.

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language: