Loading ...

APC AP9211 Password Reset

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by Anthony , 16 days ago
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • MrMaui76
    Anthony
    Novice Novice
    Anthony 16 days ago

Hello,

I've recently purchased a used APC AP9211 unit with an AP9606 Web/SNMP Management Card installed and am unable to get the password reset procedure documented at http://www.schneider-electric.us/en/faqs/FA156075/ to work. I am working on multiples of these and just got another identical unit to work just fine five minutes prior so I'm not sure what the problem could be unless it's a difference in firmware versions. The serial number of the unit is WA0014004210. Can someone provide me with a password to access the unit so that I can reset the unit to defaults?

• B-DoubleE
    Matt
    =S= Representative
    Matt 15 days ago (in response to Anthony)

Hi Anthony,

The AP9211 uses a backdoor password, and not the password reset procedure of our NMC's. The backdoor password for your PDU is 127666^I9:<@

• MrMaui76
    Anthony
    Novice Novice
    Anthony 15 days ago (in response to Matt)

Thanks for the reply Matt. So I power up the unit and I am prompted for a username and password. I supply "apc" for the username and "127666^I9:<@" for the password, but I am not allowed access. I am using a console cable and no network cable is connected. I press the reset button on the AP9606 Web/SNMP Management Card and instead of the status light flashing amber, it returns to green after maybe 5-10 seconds, which is different behavior than another identical model that I have. It's like this particular unit has settings that it's holding on to and won't let go of. Am I doing something wrong or do you have any other suggestions?

• B-DoubleE
    Matt
    =S= Representative
    Matt 15 days ago (in response to Anthony)

Hi Anthony,

Is the serial number you provided off of the network card, or off the AP9211? In order to create the proper password we need the serial of the card - you can find that on a white sticker on the card itself, or by connecting to the card via serial cable and using the username: apc password: apc -s

• MrMaui76
    Anthony
    Novice Novice
    Anthony 15 days ago (in response to Matt)

Hi Matt,

I had previously provided the serial number from the 9211, not the web/SNMP management card. Following the instructions from http://www.forked.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3490 I was able to get into the unit using Wireshark and following a tcpdump to determine a configured username and password. I do notice that this particular unit us running ms201.bin and aos201.bin while the other two units that I have, which follow the very simple password reset process, are running ms210.bin and aos254.bin so I'm guessing that's the reason for the variation on this unit. At any rate, I have logged into the unit and successfully reset it to factory defaults. Now I think I will attempt my first ever upgrade of the firmware. Thank you for your help and awesome response time!

• Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Choose your language: