how we have to configure the PowerChute to start den VM hosts and the several virtual machines again after power breakdown?
Our infrastructure is:
- 4 USV`s which management cards
- 2 VM Hosts which should work redundant on 2 USV`s.
For testing, we installed a further VM host with one virtual machine. PowerChute is running on an physically server.
So, at the moment the PowerChute is configured that if we put the power cable out of the USV the VM host is shutting down the virtual machine and after that the server is shutting down himself too. The problem is, if we connect te cable into the USV again, the server is not starting.
In the whole time, the USV runs on battery.
Could anybody help us?
1. USV models:
1 x Smart UPS SRT 2200
1 x Smart-UPS X 2200
2 x Smart UPS 1000
2. UPS Network Management Card 2 (AP9630, AP9631, AP9635)
3. yes, but perhaps on the wrong menu. Where i have to do it for a correct function?
4. How is the right menu point or name to find it in the BIOS?
The restarting problem is solved after shutting down the UPS.
At the moment we have the problem if we configure 2 UPS to a group. Instant, after building a group the hosts going down... but why?
What is listed in the PowerChute event log? It should indicate why the shutdown process is starting.
Choose a location
There are no forums in this space.