Loading ...
Home » Spaces » UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software » discussion » General » automatic start without pressing on button

automatic start without pressing on button

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by Phil , 7/15/2017 10:37 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • fd0815
    Phil
    New Member New Member
    Phil 7/15/2017 10:37 AM

Hi, I have a problem with my UPS.
    I use a SMT1500 RMI2U with PowerChute on Windows XP. Communication is via USB.

The shotdown process works without problems and the groups are deactivated after the set time. The UPS remains on standby (all 4 status LEDs flash alternately) When the power is back on, main group and group 1 are automatically activated again (set by the software).

The problem after a long time (up to 3 days) without AC connections, the main group and Group 1 should also be switched on automatically. However, I always have to press the PowerOn button. How can I avoid this manual step?

Reason: The UPS is located behind a main switch. This is switched off at the weekend and the system is completely turn off.

Anyone an idea?

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 7/17/2017 6:08 PM (in response to Phil)

Hi,

When the UPS goes into sleep mode (LEDs falshing) after 10 minutes it should power down completely to preserve battery power. Assuming the battery has not been drained prior to powering down. At what point does the shutdown start? After being on battery for x amount of time or at runtime limit and if at runtime limit how much runtime remains? 

• Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: