Loading ...
Home » Spaces » UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software » discussion » General » UPS Network Management Card 2 and ESX

UPS Network Management Card 2 and ESX

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by Patrick , 7/12/2017 11:47 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • GMD_Spezi2
    Patrick
    New Member New Member
    Patrick 7/12/2017 11:47 AM

Hey there,

i've got the following Problem:

I'am trying to configure a UPS Network Management Card 2 an an ESX Host.
    The only thing that is missing is the possibility to ONLY Shut the VMs Down.

Every time I cut the Power to the UPS the ESX Shuts down, but I just want the VMs to Shutdown.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Kind Regards

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 7/12/2017 6:14 PM (in response to Patrick)

Hi,

Please review Schneider Electric FAQ FA159688

The ESXi host is responsible for powering down the VMs. The shutdown if the VMs is configured through Virtual Machine Startup/Shutdown on the host. Each of the VMs must have VMware tools installed on them for the host to be able to power them down. 

• GMD_Spezi2
    Patrick
    New Member New Member
    Patrick 7/13/2017 7:01 AM (in response to Bill)

Hello,

yes i know that, the VMs are shutting down correctly. The problem is that the Host is also shutting down. But I don't want that.

ONLY the VMs should Shutdown.

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 7/13/2017 2:43 PM (in response to Patrick)

Hi,

The reason for installing PowerChute on a system to to provide graceful shutdown. Why do you want to power down the VMs in the event of a power failure but not the host? If the host is not powered down it will crash. 

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language: