Loading ...
home » spaces » UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software » discussion » General » VM Prioritisation with virtual appliance

VM Prioritisation with virtual appliance

Discussion in UPS Management Devices & PowerChute Software started by David , 25 days ago
Login  to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • davidinyork
    David
    David 25 days ago

We've just upgraded our VMware infrastructure from version 6.0 to 6.5, which involved replacing the Windows-based vcenter server with a virtual appliance (Linux-based). Now, if I go into Powerchute and go to the VM prioritisation list, the virtual appliance doesn't appear in the list of VMs. Is this expected?

Thanks

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 25 days ago (in response to David)

Hi,

On 6/1/2017 5:30 AM, David said:

We've just upgraded our VMware infrastructure from version 6.0 to 6.5, which involved replacing the Windows-based vcenter server with a virtual appliance (Linux-based). Now, if I go into Powerchute and go to the VM prioritisation list, the virtual appliance doesn't appear in the list of VMs. Is this expected?

Yes. The vCenter Server VM will be powered down after all other VMs so it is not included in the priority list. Also, if PCNS is running on vMA or the PCNS Appliance has been installed that VM will also not be in the list and is powered down after vCenter Server VM and the host/s have been commanded down. 

• davidinyork
    David
    David 25 days ago (in response to Bill)

Thanks. I wondered whether that might be the case, but I wasn't sure given that the previous Windows-based vcenter VM did appear in that list.

• Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language:  English