Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Racks, Rack Accessories, & Cooling » discussion » General » AP7920 failed firmware upgrade via serial, and now it wont startup (can only access via serial)??

AP7920 failed firmware upgrade via serial, and now it wont startup (can only access via serial)??

Discussion in Racks, Rack Accessories, & Cooling started by Sunny , 3/29/2018 10:01 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • onesunnyday
    Sunny
    Novice Novice
    Sunny 3/29/2018 10:01 AM
    I was conducting a firmware upgrade via serial cable for an AP7920 (which i did successfully for other identical devices).   One device did not upgrade successfully, and there as an error. Now I cannot access the webgui.  The PDU  does not "load" fully.   I can still access the PDU via serial, but i can see that no management for the ports is available.  I can set a static IP address etc, but when connected to the network, it is not accessible.
    Please can you explain how i can restore my PDU / reload the software using a serial cable and Windows so i can restore the PDU to a usable state

• B-DoubleE
    Matt
    =S= Representative
    Matt 3/29/2018 2:09 PM (in response to Sunny)

Hi Sunny,

If you can still connect to the PDU over serial, then it sounds like there was an issue when transferring the APP file. When you connect to the PDU, does it show both an AOS and an APP file present on the unit? It should look like this at the main screen:

I would recommend to try to push the firmware a second time, manually via FTP. Transfer the AOS file first, and then the application file - instructions on a manual upgrade can be found here: http://www.schneider-electric.com/en/faqs/index?page=content&id=FA156047

• onesunnyday
    Sunny
    Novice Novice
    Sunny 4/3/2018 7:12 AM (in response to Matt)

Hi,

You are right. The Rack PDU APP does not show up on this screen above.

How do i FTP into it is not binding to an IP address?  Do i set one manually and try.  So far the only way I have managed to access the device is through serial only.

• vinay
    Vinay
    =S= Representative
    Vinay 4/3/2018 12:10 PM (in response to Sunny)

Hi Sunny,

Try assigning a static IP manually and then manual FTP method to upgrade the firmware. If this does not work then you can try Xmodem method to upgrade the firmware. Xmodem will allow the PDU to upgrade the firmware through serial. You can find the instructions for the same in the kbase article provided by Matt.

Regards,

Vinay

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language: