Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Racks, Rack Accessories, & Cooling » discussion » General » AP7853 unable to Change settings

AP7853 unable to Change settings

Discussion in Racks, Rack Accessories, & Cooling started by Jeff , 9/19/2017 1:46 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • harrolj
    Jeff
    Novice Novice
    Jeff 9/19/2017 1:46 AM

Hello.

I have an old AP7853 PDU that refuses to accept any changes to any settings so I cant put it on any Network to update its firmware or get any figures from it.

I can console into it & any changes I make are not accepted nor are there any figures listed.  Can firmware be obtained that can be loaded via the Serial Connection as I cant use the .exe version with a Network link.

I have tried every other reset you can think of.

Thanks.

• B-DoubleE
    Matt
    =S= Representative
    Matt 9/19/2017 2:12 PM (in response to Jeff)

Hi Jeff,

You can use XMODEM to attempt a firmware upgrade - info on how to do that can be found here: http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA156047/

The section you'll want to follow is titled XMODEM - Network Management Card 1 (AP9617, AP9618, AP9619). The default baud rate is 2400, so saying the transfer will be slow is an understatement :D

• harrolj
    Jeff
    Novice Novice
    Jeff 29 days ago (in response to Matt)

Hi Matt.  I got the AOS.bin file to accept but that was the end of the game, after it rebooted, it is now unreachable.

Anyway thanks for your help.

• CMcGinnis
    Chad
    New Member New Member
    Chad 17 days ago (in response to Matt)

Thanks for your help Matt. I was also looking for it.

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language: