Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Racks, Rack Accessories, & Cooling » discussion » General » Error when using snmpset with APC Switched Rack PDU

Error when using snmpset with APC Switched Rack PDU

Discussion in Racks, Rack Accessories, & Cooling started by Andrew , 7/26/2017 11:27 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • andrewls
    Andrew
    New Member New Member
    Andrew 7/26/2017 11:27 AM

Hello, I have two types of APC switched rack PDU, Model AP7920, and the newer AP7920B units. I'm using snmp to control the outlet power under Ubuntu.

• B-DoubleE
    Matt
    =S= Representative
    Matt 7/26/2017 12:03 PM (in response to Andrew)

Hi Andrew,

The AP7920B is built with on our NMC2 platform, and uses the same hardware and firmware revisions as the AP8xxx series. As such, it will use the same section of the MIB as the AP8xxx, called "rPDU2". The OID to use for controlling outlets is .1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.26.9.2.4.1.5, titled "rPDU2OutletSwitchedControlTable"

• andrewls
    Andrew
    New Member New Member
    Andrew 7/26/2017 12:36 PM (in response to Matt)

Hi Matt,

Thank you.

I used rPDU2OutletSwitchedControlCommand and it works without an error now.

Is it possible to update the firmware on the older units, or do I have to use two different commands depending on which PDU I'm using?

• B-DoubleE
    Matt
    =S= Representative
    Matt 7/26/2017 2:13 PM (in response to Andrew)

Hi Andrew,

The rPDU2 tree is not compatible with the older model NMC1, the older model rPDU's that use our 1st generation NMC have been discontinued. You would need to use two different OID's depending on which model PDU you are using.

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language: