Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Racks, Rack Accessories, & Cooling » discussion » General » InRow RP DX: Compressor drive fault exists

InRow RP DX: Compressor drive fault exists

Discussion in Racks, Rack Accessories, & Cooling started by Rami , 10/22/2016 7:04 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • rami_shama
    Rami
    Novice Novice
    Rami 10/22/2016 7:04 AM

Hello,

I'm Rami from Palestine, we are working in a new DC, and installed two Units of ACRP102 InRow RP DX for this DC, when I try to start up the unit for the first time, the unit gave me one alarm and one warning.

• InRow RP: Compressor drive fault exists
    • High suction pressure alarm exists

Really I can't solve this problem, what are you advise to do?

• L2SupportServices-Cooling
    L2SupportServices-Cooling
    =S= Representative
    L2SupportServices-Cooling 10/24/2016 3:06 PM (in response to Rami)

Hello Rami. If you can look under the compressor status on the front screen there is a section that shows and alarm code for the compressor drive. If you can get this an call into your local tech support, they will be able to decode it and give you steps on what needs to be done. So common things that you can check in the mean time is to make sure there are no loose wires or connections (will need to be done by an HVAC tech) and make sure the oil sight glass is half to 3/4 full.

Thank you

• rami_shama
    Rami
    Novice Novice
    Rami 10/24/2016 4:21 PM (in response to L2SupportServices-Cooling)

Dear Sir,

I did that before by myself, but I'm still wait Schneider response.

here my last E-mail to them

Because of the problem occurred by the VFD (Compressor drive), I have checked the history alarms of the VFD, the alarms were:

Backing to Danfuss Operating Instructions VLT® CDS 302 and CDS 303, these alarms related to Motor output phases loss

Alarm 30, 31, and 32.

But I checked the cables which are between the Compressor and the VFD, all of them are OK, and I have checked the Resistance between the Compressor terminals, they were about 1 ohm. Also I checked the starting current of every phase when the VFD trying to run the compressor; the currents were: 16A, 19A and 21A.

Now please confirm If I can do these test:

• Connect the Compressor directly to mains three phases 400Vl-l 50Hz, and check if it run Ok.
    • Swap the VFD between the running ACRP102 to the faulted one.

• L2SupportServices-Cooling
    L2SupportServices-Cooling
    =S= Representative
    L2SupportServices-Cooling 10/25/2016 1:57 PM (in response to Rami)

Hello. You can swap the VFD's and see if the issue follows the VFD. I would NOT recommend hooking the compressor directly to power. Check the lines to ground at the compressor lugs to make sure the compressor is not grounded.

Thank you

• rami_shama
    Rami
    Novice Novice
    Rami 25 days ago (in response to L2SupportServices-Cooling)

Thank you very much

I have changed the VFD and the Compressors 

• Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Choose your language: