Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » SRT10KRMXLT - Bypass not in range, high voltage and low voltage messages?

SRT10KRMXLT - Bypass not in range, high voltage and low voltage messages?

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by Mirza , 4/11/2018 3:00 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • v3rd1ct
    Mirza
    New Member New Member
    Mirza 4/11/2018 3:00 PM

Hello,

We have a new SRT10KRMXLT with 5 external battery packs. This unit is set to replace our aging Smart-UPS RT 10000 RM XL. Both units are next to each other being feed from main utility.

We are testing the new unit by cutting power and switching to backup generator, the messages we see are:

• UPS: On battery power in response to low input voltage.
    • UPS: Bypass not in range ; low voltage.
    • UPS: No longer on battery power.
    • UPS: An input voltage or frequency problem no longer prevents switching to bypass mode.

I am curious about the two highlighted messages, are they normal to receive during a "switch from main to generator test"?

What I would expect is the "On Battery power" and "No longer on battery power" messages; but not sure what to make of the other two notifications the UPS generates?

We also ran into an issue where we got a unexpected "Bypass not in range, high voltage" message from the new UPS but our old UPS did not do anything. So I am thinking, is the new UPS set too sensitive?

Here are the power settings and data log of the new UPS:

Here is the data log for the high voltage notification...

Here are the power settings from our old UPS that did not generate the "high voltage" message.

So what I am wondering, do I need to copy the settings from the old UPS to the new UPS for the power settings of Bypass Upper/Lower Voltage to avoid the "high voltage" message? I have attached the data log.

Attachments
  • BobbyH
    bobby
    Novice Novice
    bobby 14 days ago (in response to Mirza)

HI, 

we Facing the exactly same issue of that, any thing can do to solve that issue?

bob

• liamg
    Liam
    =S= Representative
    Liam 13 days ago (in response to Mirza)

Hello - 

Your new UPS is already set at the widest possible settings for bypass and should therefor be less sensitive than the older unit. Do the "Bypass our of Range" messages clear once the unit stabilizes on generator power or are they consistent? Will the UPS function online with the generator input?

• BobbyH
    bobby
    Novice Novice
    bobby 10 days ago (in response to Liam)

HI Laim,

Any instruction of that? please.

Bob

• liamg
    Liam
    =S= Representative
    Liam 9 days ago (in response to bobby)

Basically just checking the unit to see if the alerts clear after the power stabilizes on generator. It might be best to gather the event and data logs from the network management card from the time frame of a generator test. 

• Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Choose your language: