Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » apc symmetra Tm-Power Array

apc symmetra Tm-Power Array

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by Mehdi , 2/13/2018 6:51 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • Kepuska
    Mehdi
    Novice Novice
    Mehdi 2/13/2018 6:51 PM

Dear all,

APC  Symmetra Tm, model:SYMSTRF3I do not start even the connection is don according to " manual ". It has  SYPM -power module, SYBATT -battery module ,SYMIM2 -intelligent module. There is "input power" and battery  voltage ,but UPS  can not turned  "ON". As the UPS is not working at all, there is not  any information about fault module or so . Any suggestion  from you  what to do nex!  

• SymmetraGuru
    David
    =S= Representative
    David 2/15/2018 6:54 AM (in response to Mehdi)

Hello Mehdi,

Sorry for the delayed response. Is the powerview display turning on? If so, what is the message you get when you go into the Control menu and attempt to turn the output power on? You said there is battery voltage--did you get that from the display or did you measure with a volt meter? What voltage are you seeing from the battery? Anything under 85 volts dc would prevent the unit from turning on. You could still force output power by flipping the maintenance bypass switch. Also make sure the System Enable switch is on and the circuit breaker on the UPS is closed. 

What caused this unit to be off? Was there a power outage? Did you move the unit to a new location? Acquire the unit from someone else and you're just installing it?

-David

• Kepuska
    Mehdi
    Novice Novice
    Mehdi 2/21/2018 5:20 PM (in response to David)

Hello David,

I will try to answer on some questions:

The  ups display is not "working" as well.( There is no message )

I measure battery voltage with the meter on battery conductor ( back side of ups , batt voltage 115V).

I measure input voltage (three phase) on conductors in back side of ups.

This ups was not used for couple month and i try to use it in new location.

Sorry for delay!

Mehdi

• SymmetraGuru
    David
    =S= Representative
    David 2/28/2018 1:13 AM (in response to Mehdi)

Mehdi, are there any lights on the intelligence modules? On the lower left front of the unit is the Manual Bypass Switch. If you flip that the unit should pass output power. That also may get the Power View display to react. Was the unit having any issues prior to it being decommissioned? 

• Kepuska
    Mehdi
    Novice Novice
    Mehdi 2/28/2018 5:00 PM (in response to David)

Hi David,

There is no any light coming on, on the intelligence modules when i switch  the UPS on.I will try tomorrow to put on  Manual Bypass Switch and to see any change. I will inform you.

best regards- Mehdi

• Kepuska
    Mehdi
    Novice Novice
    Mehdi 3/1/2018 6:07 PM (in response to David)

Hi David,

I connect today again UPS and put Manual Bypass switch to" on" position. There is a voltage in the output connector. The rest of the UPS is" dead". I am very shore on that one power and one battery module are OK.

best regards-Mehdi

• SymmetraGuru
    David
    =S= Representative
      This discussion is marked as answered
    David 3/12/2018 5:32 PM (in response to Mehdi)

Did any lights on the intelligence modules come on after you got output power from maintenance bypass? You could try plugging the powerview display to the back of the unit. There is a communication card and an RJ-45 port labeled Remote PowerView. This bypasses the intelligence module. 

• Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Choose your language: