We have an XS 1500 that emits a constant beep-beep ... beep-beep. I don't see any "beep codes" in the documentation. Can someone tell me what it means? This is without any load and the battery appears fully charged.
When the main power is disconnected, the LCD panel goes dark and the unit emits a long beeeeep ... beeeeep. Funny that the LCD panel doesn't illuminate.
Good day Doug,
Aside from those tones/beep that you hear, do you see any flashing icon on the LCD display while it is online? Can you tell us what do you see on the LCD screen? Sometimes it is hard to know what is going on if you're not hearing it, is it possible for you to record it or call our Phone Support so that they'll hear it over the phone?
Below are some helpful knowledgebase articles that could somehow give you an idea what could a certain tone mean.
1. [UPS emits a single beep every few mins.|http://nam-en.apc.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9464/kw/backups%20beep]
2. [Causes and solutions for a beeping APC Back-UPS Product|http://nam-en.apc.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/480/kw/backups%20beep]
3. [1 beep every 5 seconds from a Back-UPS product|http://nam-en.apc.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2962/kw/backups%20beep]
4. [My Backups emits a clicking sound, yet functions properly|http://nam-en.apc.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39/kw/backups%20beep]
5. [Descriptions of Smart-UPS Audible Alarms|http://nam-en.apc.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6789/kw/backups%20beep]
6. [Back-UPS Installation questions and answers|http://nam-en.apc.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6788/kw/backups%20beep]
Choose a location: