Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » Smart UPS Serial Spam

Smart UPS Serial Spam

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by Francesco , 8/10/2017 1:06 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • FallonioBlack
    Francesco
    New Member New Member
    Francesco 8/10/2017 1:06 PM

Hi, I'm not sure this is the right place to post, If needed I ask some mod to move the conversation :)

I'll get straight to it, I've finally been able to comunicate with the UPS by cutting a cable and wiring the RX and TX lines to an arduino with RS232/TTL IC to my pc. The issue is not in the type of connection rather than the spam that the UPS generates, the moment I ask to enter smart mode sending Y it starts to write NA then the line voltage like this:

NA
    NA
    The strange thing that the UPS indeed answers back to commands if spammed enough, if I send in a train of R it will eventually get the command and stop writing BYE, same with A to test the Leds. Connected at 2400 baud 8N1 as told everywhere.
    How do I stop this flow of useless data? I need to know Power, Battery Voltage and Temperature not line voltage :)
    The unit is a SmartUPS 2200VA (230V), It's huge 40kg white tower with the lower bay for the batteries.
    Thanks in Advance, Francesco.
  • Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Choose your language: