Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » Adding additional Symmetra Power module

Adding additional Symmetra Power module

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by Michael , 7/10/2017 12:51 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • michaeldoherty
    Michael
    New Member New Member
    Michael 7/10/2017 12:51 PM

Hi,

I have a Symmetra LX UPS currently with 8kva (expandable to 16Kva) installed. Can i just add more modules to the unit without putting it into bypass? I'm NOT replacing any modules, just adding more to the UPS. My boss tells me i have to put the unit into bypass, but from what i've research i should be able to slide the new power modules into the unit and it will then recognize them and do what it needs to do. If i was replacing a power module i know i have to be careful of the load when i pull a power module out of the unit.

Thanks Michael.

• RichScreen
    Richard
    =S= Representative
      This discussion is marked as answered
    Richard 7/10/2017 2:11 PM (in response to Michael)

Hi Michael,

The Symmetra LX power module has a switch to disengage the module so it should never be active when withdrawn or installed.

This will allow the Symmetra LX power module to be classed as “Hot Swappable”.

There are some FAQs that are available to assist in guiding you through the process.

If you go to apc.com and select your country code

Support > Recourses & tools > FAQs

FA232808 - How do I replace a single phase Symmetra power module?

http://www.apc.com/uk/en/faqs/index?page=content&id=FA232808

FA157520 - Video: Symmetra LX Module Replacement Procedure

http://www.apc.com/uk/en/faqs/index?page=content&id=FA157520

Regards, Rich…

Richard, UK Advanced Technical Support
  • Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: