Loading ...
home » spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » Powerchute Business Edition won't accept domain for e-mailnotification

Powerchute Business Edition won't accept domain for e-mailnotification

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by Raffael , 6 days ago
Login  to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • raffaelh
    Raffael
    Raffael 6 days ago

I just  tried to configure the latest version of the APC PowerChute Business Edition Agent for one of our customers. For whatever reason the E-Mail settings field  on the Web-Console checks the length  of the domain. TLDs  with a length  over four letters are not allowed and result in the error: "Please provide a valid e-mail address, e.g. yourname@smtpdomain.com"

Any help would be appreciated.

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 6 days ago (in response to Raffael)

Hi,

What is the meaning of

On 3/20/2017 9:30 AM, Raffael said:

TLDs  with a length  over four letters

and what is the exact version. The latest version is dependant on the model UPS so it could be 9.2.1 or 9.0.4?

• raffaelh
    Raffael
    Raffael 6 days ago (in response to Bill)

Sorry.

TLDs = Top level domains.

So a mail address  like "user@domain.xxxx" works but with a TLD with more than four letters (for example "user@domain.xxxxx") it doesn't work.

I downloaded the setup for version 9.2 for Server 2012. On the web console it says version 9.0.3.604.

• wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 6 days ago (in response to Raffael)

Hi,

I tested smtp.mymail.tester with the from address of test@mymail.tester and the recipient of BillP@mymail.tester and did not see a failure. Are you entering an special characters? 

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language:  English