Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM » discussion » General » Smart-UPS 3000 RM Battery Capacity

Smart-UPS 3000 RM Battery Capacity

Discussion in Smart-UPS & Symmetra LX / RM started by Gwenn , 5/11/2017 5:30 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • givester
    New Member New Member
    Gwenn 5/11/2017 5:30 PM

    We have a Smart-UPS 3000 RM that is 5-6 year old with APC OEM batteries that were installed about 6 months ago.  This past Tuesday around 4:30 AM it reported a very short duration, but severe voltage sag, less than 115V on the 208V input circuit.  The reported battery capacity which was originally 100% immediately went to nearly zero.  The battery capacity then rises linearly for the next 2-3 hours back to 100% as presumably the batteries recharge.  The event log does not report a power event that caused the unit to go to battery, but rather a warning that battery power was too low and that if input power was to fail, the load would be dropped.  However the load, which is at 16% of the UPS capacity, was not dropped during this event. 

    I need direction to determine if this is a battery, UPS, or software issue.  See attached file for screen shots of information presented above and additional data.  This includes the log of battery temperature for the unit in question versus another same model unit from the the same manufacturing time frame which is presenting no issues and had batteries replaced a little under 1.5 years ago.  The last page also includes the details for the  UPS. 


    Thanks in advance for your help. 

  • liamg
    =S= Representative
    Liam 5/15/2017 8:32 PM (in response to Gwenn)

    Hi Gwenn - 

    Woiuld it be possible to get the exact model and serial number of the UPS as well as the complete Event and Data logs? I would be happy to review them and see if we can find a possible cause.

  • givester
    New Member New Member
    Gwenn 5/26/2017 2:34 PM (in response to Liam)

    As relayed in the previous ion the attached document the model and serial number are as shown below.  I do not have a more detailed model number.  The type of log attached in the previous post is the best I can do at this time as we have disabled the webpage for security concerns and can only access the network card via SSH.  The device is located in Canada and so I do not have physical access to it.  On site resources to interact directly with the device are limited and are not knowledgeable about the equipment.   A colleague also attempted to pull the debug file after using the logzip command to verify that it was on the network card but experienced the following:

    "I have not had any luck at using SCP to download the debug file.  If we want to pursue this, we will need help from tech support on getting the correct syntax for using SCP.  I have tried several different ways with help from Linux resources and I get the error  "apc-scp: file open error".  I can't find any examples of SCP on their website other than knowledge base FA156131 but it doesn't address SCP.  I have a feeling that it is probably a software bug related to the version firmware that we are running (V6.4.0).

    Update: Just found a bulletin on the new firmware that it claims to have fixed an issue with SCP.  I am assuming that we have the version that is broke" 



  • Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language:  
powered by Communifire
Version 5.2.6420.11692