I just got a new SUA1000RM2U Smart-UPS from a guy on CL and the item was never used NIB. Now, I brought it home and plugged it in but it did not turn on. I let it charge for about an hour, still did not turn on. I let it charge overnight (~13 hours later) and it still did not turn on this morning. Here's what I tried:
Unplugged it and tried to turn it on: Didn't workPlugged it in, disconnected batteries and tried to turn it on: Didn't workHeld power off button after unplugging: Didn't work, no notifications or beepsHeld power on button for 30 seconds (plugged in and not plugged in): Nothing happened
I've owned and worked with UPSs in the past so this isn't foreign territory but I know its not supposed to be this difficult to turn on. I've also measured the voltage across the battery and it reads ~2.7v. I also measured the voltage across the charging points (battery connector's mate) when the unit was plugged in and it read 0.2v which doesn't seem right at all. I was wondering what else I could do or if there was something I'm missing. Thank you!
You need a new battery. Those units need to see a reasonable battery voltage to start the electronics. Once it is started it fires up the inverter and you get power from the mains, but it needs a battery to get it going. The battery in your unit is toast based on a 2.7V reading across the pack. Even if you could get it to start, the battery will be damaged beyond salvation.
Thank you for your response. I'll look into getting a replacement.
Choose a location
There are no forums in this space.