Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » Back-UPS ES 550 - Red Light Flashes and Continuous Beep

Back-UPS ES 550 - Red Light Flashes and Continuous Beep

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Richard , 18 days ago
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • SunshineBoy
    Richard
    New Member New Member
    Richard 18 days ago

My UPS has been shutting itself down over the past few days. I assumed that this was related to a surge or something. Now, when I turn it on, the red light flashes and the unit makes a continuous tone. When I checked PowerChute yesterday, it said the battery was at 67%.

Does anyone know what this means? Model: BE550G-CN.

• kahml
    Larry
    Novice Novice
    Larry 8 days ago (in response to Richard)

See if your situation is covered by this KB article:

http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA158810/

Post back with your results.

• SunshineBoy
    Richard
    New Member New Member
    Richard 11 minutes ago (in response to Larry)

Larry,

Since I posted this, the UPS has been steady. However, yesterday when I got home from work, I tried to power on my PC but the UPS had turned itself off some reason. I turned it back on and it was fine. Today, I was on the PC when the UPS started making that continuous beep. I got a PowerChute popup message that said the battery was disconnected (see attached). I quickly checked the battery level in PowerChute and it was at 86%. I shut down and then checked the UPS battery. Both jumper cables were tightly connected to the battery terminals. I really had to pull to get one off. I can't see how this is the problem.

I plugged everything back in and turned on the UPS. It chirps once but the red light flashes. I turn on the PC (which is plugged into a backup/surge outlet). After about 5 or 10 seconds it starts beeping continuously. One thing I have noticed is that if I turn off and on the UPS, but don't turn on my PC, the UPS just flashes red. It's when I turn on the PC that it beeps continuously.

Any ideas what could be happening here?

Attachments
  • Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: