Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » APC battery failure after 16 months?

APC battery failure after 16 months?

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Simon , 4/4/2018 6:13 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • szimbler
    Simon
    New Member New Member
    Simon 4/4/2018 6:13 PM
    My APC BE700G-IT Back UPS suddenly switched off this afternoon, and when I tried to switch it on, it made a continuous warning beep, and red light stayed on. The surge protection side worked fine. I unplugged the ups, removed the battery, held down power for 10 secs, reinserted the battery, and powered on - no difference. I had a spare battery ready for my oldest APS UPS which is no longer holding charge for more than a few minutes (I hadn't got around to changing it yet). I replaced the battery on this UPS, and it worked fine.
    Surely the original battery should last more than 16 months? I have 2 other APS UPSs, one with a battery that's been going 4 years, another with a battery that's been in longer than that.
    Is the battery under any kind of guarantee? I'm based in Italy where product guarantees are typically 2 years.
  • wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
    Bill 4/4/2018 7:47 PM (in response to Simon)

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. You should contact local support. The unit is under warranty so if a replacement is required they will assist you.

Local support contact information will be found at this link http://www.apc.com/it/it/support/contact-us/index.jsp

• szimbler
    Simon
    New Member New Member
    Simon 4/5/2018 6:09 AM (in response to Bill)

I emailed them yesterday, hopefully will hear back today

• Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Choose your language: