Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » Backup UPS CS 650 slowly discharging daily

Backup UPS CS 650 slowly discharging daily

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Tom , 9 days ago
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • f14driver
    Tom
    Novice Novice
    Tom 9 days ago

Hello First post here,

In my private environment I'm using 3 different UPS'es. One of the is the CS 650, used to provide power to my router and a switch in case of power failure.

The average load on the UPS is 5%.

Since a few days I'm monitoring it through a raspberry PI and Domoticz ( via the apcupsd software).

What strikes me as being odd is that the CS 650 UPS discharges slowly during the day down to 28% and then recharges again to 100%.

This discharge is happening daily ( and decreasing the run time as well off course) and I would like to know if this behaviour is normal for this UPS type.

The UPS has no alarms triggering or is indication there's a fault so It seems the be working fine.

My other 2 APC UPS'es (SUA750XL & SMT750i) don't display this behaviour and remain fully loaded at 100%.

Discharge daily

Load voltage

Thank you in advance for your responses

Tom

• f14driver
    Tom
    Novice Novice
    Tom 5 days ago (in response to Tom)

This question can be removed.

After monitoring closely for a few days I've come to the conclusion that the battery is faulty and/or the load voltage isn't stable. I understand that these issues are linked ( voltage opposite to battery level) so it could also be a faulty capacitor in the load unit itself.

Rather then risking the same issue with a new battery I've decided to replace the entire unit.

The UPS has been removed from operation and replaced by a SMT750i with an AP9630 management card :-)

Too bad no one from APC was able to comment on the situation I had.

• Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: