Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » How Do You Know When To Replace a BR24BPG (or third party batteries for this unit)?

How Do You Know When To Replace a BR24BPG (or third party batteries for this unit)?

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Zeigh , 20 days ago
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • Zeigh
    Zeigh
    New Member New Member
    Zeigh 20 days ago

Hello,

I just had to replace the batteries for my BR1500G and was alerted to this by a notification on the control panel. This prompted me to wonder how I might know if the batteries on the attached BR24BPG need replacing (APC does not sell replacement batteries for this model and suggests just buying a whole new unit). Does anything appear on the control panel as well? 

Otherwise I know that the industry suggestion is to replace UPS batteries every 3-5 years, depending on how system critical the attached hardware is to keep running. My needs are small and usually wait until year 5 or an alert to replace batteries.

Peace,

Dr. Z.

• cristiancalvet
    Cristian
    Apprentice Apprentice
    Cristian 18 days ago (in response to Zeigh)

Hi Zeigh , you can test the batteries with a multimeter , the pack must have unless 25v , if they have less is because they are starting to dry , in the powerchute you only can see if your runtime with the same load are less than before , when the ups shows you bad battery is because the batteries are dead, 

regards.

• Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: