Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » Hard reset BR900GI?

Hard reset BR900GI?

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Eduardo , 7/26/2017 9:13 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • edo.lopez
    Eduardo
    Novice Novice
    Eduardo 7/26/2017 9:13 PM
    Dear:
    Along with greeting (sorry for my translated English), I need to consult on how to reset a Back-UPS Pro 900 as we have 4 of this model in my company and we buy their respective spare parts but still mark the life in minutes of the previous ones.
    I consulted with the company that provides support to the brand (Edapi S.A) without an even satisfactory result.
    Stay tuned guys.
    Greetings and thanks!!!

• SecretSquirrel
    Secret Squirrel
    =S= Representative
    Secret Squirrel 7/27/2017 2:24 PM (in response to Eduardo)

Hi Eduardo,

You can access the battery replacement date in the Powerchute Personal Edition software which should help. If you are unable to access this setting, you may try to perform a manual runtime calibration. The runtime calibration requires you place 30% or more load on the unit and remove power until the unit fully exhausts itself. Once the battery is exhausted, plug the unit back in and allow to recharge to 100%. the runtime should have now increased.

Secret Squirrel

• edo.lopez
    Eduardo
    Novice Novice
    Eduardo 7/27/2017 3:05 PM (in response to Secret Squirrel)

Mr. Squirrel:

Thanks for replying, I tell you that I did that method without positive results, besides the test with the power button for more than 6 seconds and neither.
    Is there any other method for this, such as through terminal or something similar? The program also has no possibility to record the date of installation of the batteries.
    Regards!
  • wpasquil
    Bill
    =S= Representative
      This discussion is marked as answered
    Bill 7/31/2017 1:27 PM (in response to Eduardo)

Hi,

You should be able to change the battery installation date through PowerChute Personal Edition. Go to Rnu Selft-Test and you will see Replace Battery Date. 

If your system is not Windows you can install APCUPSD and set the replace battery date through that application. 

• edo.lopez
    Eduardo
    Novice Novice
    Eduardo 7/31/2017 2:59 PM (in response to Bill)

THANKS so much! 

It worked perfectly, now I have no problems.
    Regards!
  • Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Choose your language: