Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » Back-UPS RS 1000G-IN AVR beep - how to disable?

Back-UPS RS 1000G-IN AVR beep - how to disable?

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Gaurav , 7/15/2017 12:52 AM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • gauravraw
    Gaurav
    Novice Novice
    Gaurav 7/15/2017 12:52 AM

So I would like to keep it short. The UPS works absolutely fine and due to high-voltage at some times, it turns on AVR and starts making that annoying beep sound every 10 seconds. I would really like to turn that beep off. There is an option to turn the beep off when the UPS switches to battery from main power but it seems that the same option is missing for AVR. Why is it so? If there is really no way to disable this super annoying beep then can someone link me to a video or something explaining how to completely physically remove the speaker after opening this up?

• SecretSquirrel
    Secret Squirrel
    =S= Representative
    Secret Squirrel 7/17/2017 7:26 PM (in response to Gaurav)

Hi Gaurav,

Page 9 of the User Manual indicates the procedure for Muting the Alarm.

Secret Squirrel

• gauravraw
    Gaurav
    Novice Novice
    Gaurav 7/23/2017 7:39 PM (in response to Secret Squirrel)

I already have the UPS mic muted and it does not beep when the UPS switches to battery from main power. However, it beeps whenever AVR mode kicks in and then pressing the buttons does not help in muting it. There is no option in the PowerChute to mute AVR beeps, only has battery beep mute options. Did APC forget to program this function?

• SecretSquirrel
    Secret Squirrel
    =S= Representative
    Secret Squirrel 7/24/2017 4:32 PM (in response to Gaurav)

The Mute functionality is designed specifically for On Battery events and only On Battery events. All other functions of the unit are not effected by this Mute button.

Secret Squirrel

• Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Choose your language: