Loading ...
Home » Spaces » Back-UPS & Surge Protectors » discussion » General » BX1400U-MS green(online) and red(replace battery) LEDs blinking alternately

BX1400U-MS green(online) and red(replace battery) LEDs blinking alternately

Discussion in Back-UPS & Surge Protectors started by Omar Matthew , 7/14/2017 4:17 PM
Login to follow, share, and participate in this space.
Not a member?Join now
  • cinnamoncider
    Omar Matthew
    Novice Novice
    Omar Matthew 7/14/2017 4:17 PM

I'm unsure on what might be the problem of my UPS. It's only a year and a half old. It suddenly gave continuous beep sound and green and red LEDs are suddenly blinking alternately.

Troubleshooting did:

1. Green and red LEDs blinks alternately upon turning on. Endless beep. Still able to get power, able to turn on the PC. I assume it can't use battery as per checking the troubleshooting guide.
    2. Unplugging the UPS from the wall switches the unit to battery mode. Green and red LEDs alternate blinking stops, gets stable lit green LED.
    3. UPS seems to still be able to use its battery, since I'm still able to turn on the PC even when the UPS is unplugged from the wall.
    4. Fails self test using PowerChute: "Unable to carry out a self-test at this time." Also gave warnings that the battery was disconnected, but reconnected again.
    5. Checking on the PowerChute, looks like it's still able to charge the battery. I'm seeing progress on the charging.

Any thoughts on this?

Unable to self-test

Warning on the notification tray

• cinnamoncider
    Omar Matthew
    Novice Novice
    Omar Matthew 7/17/2017 1:33 AM (in response to Omar Matthew)

I called our local APC Customer service to get it replaced. Estimated replacement date is hopefully within the week.

Kudos to Aeron who handled my case. He's also knowledgeable when I asked regarding a third-party UPS Servicing Company which was previously a local partner of APC in servicing APC UPS - both within warranty and out-of-warranty products.

• Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Choose your language: